The Art Of Living
2 to 5 Nights: For Singles or Couples
I’ve decided to open up my cottage in the Byron Bay Hinterland for personalised and private Retreats. My aim is to facilitate physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing through the resources and skills I have accumulated throughout my life, dedicated to the art of deep healing, and living well. My Retreats are designed for those looking for a more individual and unique experience.
This is the only personalised program of its kind, focussing on the holy trinity – the health of the body, mind and spirit. I will personally design and facilitate your program, and conduct all Naturopathic consultations. With over 20 years clinical experience and continuing education, and many more spent in the kitchen cooking and designing healing and tasty foods – I look forward to offering you a special and divinely inspired personalised retreat. These few days will dissolve years of accumulated stress from your body, leaving you feeling lighter and more inspired, in every way.
Your healing journey will begin as soon as you arrive onto my hinterland property – this area being known to the Bundjalung people for its support in deep and lasting healing, and feminine energy lines.
In this spiritual setting you will receive every opportunity to reach your full potential — a re-awakening, amongst the koalas, an incredible array of bird species and other wild life including rock wallabies, goannas, echidnas and kookaburra.
Once you decide to commit to being the healthiest person you can be, we will have a 30 minute Skype consult to determine what you want to achieve from your stay with me. After this consult I will personally design your Program including all your meals.
It’s a perfect opportunity to give back to yourself by allowing rest, rejuvenation and contemplation, alongside a healing cuisine designed specifically for each guest’s individual dietary needs.
Each unique program is designed to dissolve years of stress, allowing the body to deeply and truly heal. By providing individual, natural health care, and stress reducing activities in such a magic setting, we make available to you the best opportunity to achieve your highest potential.
Your Program Includes
- 1 x 30 minute (Skype) consultation with Janella prior to your arrival
- 1 x 1 hr consultation with Janella each day
- 1 x 60 min Restorative Yoga/ meditation sessions each day.
- Retreat Playlist
- All meals and snacks, personally designed for you
- Alkalised, ionised water
- Daily organic cold pressed vegetable juices and detox herbal teas
- Specialised detox supplements to assist in greater removal of built up toxins
- A body brush with natural fibres, oil for oil pulling, all vera gel
Sample Retreat Programs
During your initial 30 min consult with me, we’ll decide on which Program best suits your needs. A Program will then be designed that’s unique to you and your own body. Examples of programs include –
- Stress Reduction
- Detox & Cleansing
- Hormone Balance
- Raw Health
- 2 Day Liquid Fast
- Digestion Reset
- Weight Loss/balance
- Pre-Natal/Improved Fertility
- Boosting Immunity
- Adrenal Reset/Burnout
- PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
For the duration of your retreat you will be staying in my private and beautiful cottage hidden amongst the trees in the Byron Bay hinterland. The cottage has recently been lovingly renovated and refurbished to include a new bathroom (including a flush toilet) blue tooth speaker, fridge, fan/heater, alkaline water, blinds for maximum privacy, and organic hair, face and body care. Also provided is a stack of DVDs and a Sony surround sound system. There are facilities for hand washing and an airing rack.
The verandah is perfect for sunset gazing and contemplative relaxation from the double hammock or Balinese chairs; perfect for the individual or couple yearning for peace and nature to inspire creativity and wellbeing.
Unplugging from your usual daily life and disconnecting from the digital world will be a welcome relief, for a few days at least. Wifi is available in the cottage, but not encouraged.
Eat and Drink
With attention to individual needs, perfectly balanced nutrition ensures correct nourishment is provided to the body for a peaceful state of mind, a healthy body, increased energy and vigour.
Catering for any dietary requirement, and personally designed by Janella – each thing that goes into and onto your body will support and improve your digestion, boost immunity, nourish your adrenal glands and aid in liver detoxification.
Aimed to reduce inflammation, improve gut bacteria and balance blood sugar levels, the healing cuisine will also improve your mood, mojo and sleep.
Every meal, juice, snack and smoothie will be personally prepared for you using produce from my organic veggie and herb gardens, fresh eggs from our loved hens, and honey from our very busy bees. Other ingredients will be sourced locally and will always be organically grown or raised.
Some programs will include a glass of organic wine with dinner and/or organic coffee at breakfast.
I live a chemical free lifestyle and extend the same to my guests. Much of the produce for your meals will be harvested each day from my organic veggie and herb gardens. Cosmetics, linen and bedding are all chemical-free, organic, or at least made from natural fibres.
Optional Extras (POA)
Designed to suit your body’s needs.
- 60 or 90 min Cooking Class with Janella
- 60 or 90min Massage (different styles available) with Imelda Johnson
- Session in a Salt Cave
- 60 min Kinesiology
- 60 min Feldenkrais
- 60min Body Scrub and Polish
- 60 min Reflexology
- 60 min Reiki
- 60 min Acupuncture
- 60 min Manicure or Pedicure
- 60 min Colonic Irrigation (at a separate location)
- 60 min Rejuvenating/Detox Facial
- 60 min Astrology session with Alicia Shaich Yusuf
- 60 min Pilates
- 60 min Art Therapy
- Horse riding on the beach
- Participate in a Sweat Lodge
- Visit a nearby waterfall, or go on a bush walk – guided.
- Private 1 hr Surfing Lesson at The Pass in Byron Bay.
- Byron Dolphin Kayak Tour or Brunswick River Kayak Tours.
- Byron Lighthouse walk
On Rising: Morning Ritual (Designed for you. Includes herbal tea from my organic garden, Jamu/turmeric herbal medicine, oil pulling, and lemon water
7:45am: Have a piece of fruit and/or 5 nuts
8:00am: Restorative Yoga and Meditation
10:00am: Consult with Janella
11:15am: Organic cold pressed vegetable juice, and supplements
11:30am: 20 min Chakra Meditation
1:30pm-2:30pm: Cooking Class with Janella
3:00pm: Zen Chi machine and rebounder (20min+10min)
4:00pm-5:00pm: Healing Massage
5:15pm: Hammock therapy watching sunset
5:45pm: Evening Ritual (Includes body scrub, aloe vera, essential oil treatment)
6:30pm: Dinner + Dessert
After dinner: Take your supplements
There are 2 nearby airports: Ballina (30 mins south), and Coolangatta on the Gold Coast (50 mins north).
Travel to/from the airport is not included, but a driver may be arranged at a cost of $150 return.
There is also shuttle bus from Ballina and Gold Coast airports to Bangalow.
Or there’s the option of a hire care from either airport.
Extra nights are available at a cost of $800 per night.
Cost doesn’t include GST.
For enquiries, or to make a booking, drop me an email
⁃ Frittata: Pesto, Roast Pumpkin and Olives V
⁃ Mediterranean Baked Beans with Feta and Rocket V or VG DF
– Shashushka with GF Toast V DF
– Ful Medames with Green Tahini Dressing and Sides (boiled egg, pickles, onion, cucumber, tomato) VG DF
⁃ One Egg Omelette with Goat’s Chevre and Sauteed Greens V
– Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with Quark, Basil and Hemp Seeds on GF Toast V OR VG
– Chia Pudding with Seasonal Fruit and Coconut Yoghurt VG DF
– Scrambled Turmeric Tofu and Quinoa with Avocado and Toasted Seeds VG DF
– Sardines on GF Toast with Roasted Tomato, Fresh Herbs and a Balsamic Glaze DF
– Bircher Muesli with Fruit Compote V or VG DF
– Grain-Free Muesli with Activated Nuts and Yoghurt V or VG
– Sprouted Chickpea Felafel Plate, with Hummus, Tabouli, Gherkins, Pickled Veggies, Pomegranate Eggplant and Seed crackers VG DF
– Bean Nachos with Guacamole and Blue Corn chips VG
– Fritters with Wild Salmon or Cannelini Beans and Green Leafy Salad V or VG DF
– Coconut Wrap with Tamari Tempeh, Avocado, Grated Veggies, Pickled Beetroot and Salad VG DF
– Quinoa and Cashew Salad with Tahini and Yoghurt Dressing V or VG DF
– Pesto with GF Penne, and a side salad V or VG
– Nori Rolls with (sustainably-caught) Tuna or Salmon, or Tempeh, avocado and cucumber DF
– Minestrone with GF Penne VG DF
– Fresh Spring Roll Wraps with Shitake Mushrooms, and either Chicken, Garlic Prawns or Marinated Tofu D VG or V
⁃ Garlic Prawns and Vietnamese Coleslaw
⁃ Stuffed Marrows (Lebanese Zucchini) with Quinoa/Millet, Feta, Pistachios, Preserved Lemon, and Herbs in a tomato Sauce V
⁃ Panfried Snapper, Asian Greens and Roasted Baby Potatoes, or a Beetroot and Walnut Salad DF
– Seafood in a Paper Bag, with a side of Peas, Snow peas, Broccolini and Carrot DF
– Chinese Eggplant with Shitakes and Silken Tofu VG DF
– Fish Balls with Thai Noodle Salad DF
– Za’artar Chicken on top of Lebanese Brown Rice (or salad) with Pine Nuts and Caramelised Onions. Served with Sesame Green Beans and Cumin Carrots DF
– Chickpea and Pumpkin Curry VG DF
– Gado Gado with Seed Crackers V or VG
– Crab and Corn Soup DF
– Corn Fritters with Asparagus, Avocado and Truffle Oil V
– Mussels, either Italian or Asian- style with Quinoa. DF
– Antipasto Platter with Seed Cracker. (An assortment of pickles, marinated veggies, dips, olives, avocado, salmon/tuna/chicken/tofu.) DF
– Spicy Thai Noodles, with Smoked Tofu (or seafood) and Vegetables DF
– Cacao and Peanut Butter Rough DF
– Hazelnut Chocolate Cups DF
– Sikarni (a yoghurt and quark MIddle Eastern delight)
– Jaffa mousse DF
– Fig and Walnut Log DF
– Seasonal Fruit and Nut Crumble DF
– Sliced Seasonal Fruit, Yoghurt, Hemp Seeds and local Macadamias DF
⁃ Bliss Balls DF
– SuperNatural Food Bars DF
– Pistachio and Rosewater Halve DF
NB: There is a separate menu for the fasting/weight loss/balancing blood sugar Retreats. This one will involve different combinations of Juices, Smoothies, Beautiful Soups, Desserts and Medicinal Teas. These recipes will be taken from the 30 Day Reset in my soon-to- be- released book 21st Century Health: Naturally.
Only organic or spray-free ingredients are used, locally grown, and always ethically produced/grown, and gluten -free.
For any enquiries about my Retreats, or to make a booking, drop me an email